PENNSYLVANIA-AMERICAN WATER FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
The Credit Union will collect only the personal information that is necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services, nothing more.
Information We Collect About You
We collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms: this may be obtained from your current or past employers, or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions
We may disclose all of the information we collect, as described above, as permitted by law.
The Credit Union will protect your personal information. Our Credit Union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that members' information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security-coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and protect member confidentiality.
Members will always have access to their information. Members of Pennsylvania-American Water Federal Credit Union will always have the opportunity to review their information and make necessary changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
The Credit Union will only share information when absolutely necessary. It will only share information to administer the products and services we provide, when required to do so by the government or when we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
Parties Who Receive Information From Us
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as insurance companies
- Non-financial companies, such as consumer reporting agencies, data processors, check/share draft printers, plastic card processors, and government agencies
The Credit Union will partner only with businesses that follow strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members' economic well being. Under no circumstances will we authorize these firms to charge your account without your express consent and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
The Credit Union will offer you a choice in how your information is used. Any member of our Credit Union may elect to keep information from being shared with our business partners. We will inform you on how to exercise your choice and we will take all reasonable steps to make sure your requests are followed.